Video Close  
Church/Monastery :: Holy Virgin  
Church of Holy Virgin in Bjni

Main Page
The Church of Sourp Astvatzatzin (Holy Virgin) was built by the order of Prince Grigor Magistros in year 1031. The dome and the drum rest upon four pointed arches leaning on four pillars. The united-undivided inside space is peculiar to domed halls, which exist in 6-8th century temples of Ptghi and Aruch. The organization of this space in Bjni has a little different salvation. The eastern pillars carrying the dome don't come out from the longitudinal walls as in Ptghi and Aruch, but are jointed with the walls of big bay. The style of decorative motives under the window of the big bay is like 11th century ornaments.     Church of Holy Virgin in Bjni

Location Map

Church of Holy Virgin in Bjni